A module for the freight forwarder to maintain their freight rate, agency charges (eg customs clearance, VGM declaration, fumigation, inspection, handling fee etc), trucking charge, additional charges.
Freight rate is very volatile, hence having this module would help the freight forwarders to streamline the process and have a centralized place to maintain the rate.
There are two types of Account Profiles for the user in CALISTA freight exchange: Normal Freight Forwarder and NVO (Non-Vessel Operator).
The table below illustrates the differences between them in managing Rate
- Company Base Rate : Cost Rate of a product offering. Typically this Rate is only accessible by the Admin/ user who set the Rate. For Salesman Role, they will see the Sales Rate as the based rate to quote their customer.
- Sales Rate : Standard Selling price to quote to their direct customer.
- Peer Rate : Standard Selling price to quote to their peer Freight Forwarders.
- Public Rate : Standard Selling price published in the Market Place to the public (any CALISTA Freight eXchange site visitor without login).
- Subsidy Rate: Subsidy Rate for limited TEU for certain product. Open for the peer freight forwarders only.
- Customer VIP Rate: Special rate for each customers (Direct customers and Peer Freight Forwarders). The rate is private and only addressed to the targeted customer account.
Default Currency for carriage (freight) is USD.
The surcharge, agency charge can apply other currency.
Rate Management comprises of:
- Rate Management
Freight Forwarder is able to create the rate for their service offering in this menu.
The Rate is organized by the type of shipment as follow:
- Ocean FCL - Main Line : Main Carriage - Port to Port
- Ocean Feeder : Pre and Post carriage for FCL inland transport from Main Carriage
- Ocean LCL -Main Line : Less Than Container Load on Main Carriage
- Ocean LCL Branch Line : Pre and Post carriage LCL for inland transport from Main Carriage
- E-Commerce Logistics: For Courier service
- Air Transport Main : Main Air Carriage
- Air Transport Branch : Pre and Post Air Carriage
- RailWay FCL
- RailWay LCL
For each of these transportation modes (except E-Commerce Logistics), there are templates available for the Freight Forwarder to download and populate, for easy mass upload of data. See Rate Management - Template User Guide for more information on the fields of each template.
Ocean FCL Main Line Rate creation
1) Click Rate Management menu, Determine which type of shipment , for example it is a rate for Ocean FCL Main line shipment.
2) Click on "+Add Product"
3) Fill up the "Shipping Company, Branch Company, Product Library Name" on the upper panel.
Click "+Add Product" under Product Information
Fill up at least the Port of Loading, Port of Discharge, Port of Transhipment, Category tag.
Click Save on the top right corner.
The product/service is created. Now proceed to put Add Rate
4) Click "Add Rate" on the Product.
Key in the Effective Time, Company Base Rate, and Mark up for each container type/size/height.
User can choose to Save as draft first or Save and Publish.
The rate is now ready for the Freight Forwarder to manage the upcoming customer inquiry.
Ocean LCL Main Line Rate creation
1) Create Product first.
Click "+Add products".
Enter basic information.
Click "Add product" to add a product.
Fill in required details.
Navigate to volume level tab to fill in information about volume.
Navigate to Schedule Information tab to fill in schedule information.
2) With a product created, click "Add rate".
Fill in the required details such as Valid Period and rates then choose "Save as draft" or "Save and publish".
e-Commerce Logistics Rate Management
1) Click "Add products" to create Product.
Click Add to add billing level information.
Fill in billing level information.
Go to Product information tab.
Click "Add products" to add a product.
Fill in the required information.
2) Add rate: click add rate button
3) Fill up the Rate details and markup, then choose to "Save as draft" or "Save and publish".
Setting up Public and Subsidy Rate
As an NVO or Freight Forwarder that wish to advertise their rate on CALISTA freight exchange main page, they
Once the Product is created, the freight forwarder can create the Public Rate to be shown on the CALISTA Landing Page as well as the Peer Rate for their Fellow Freight Forwarding partners within CALISTA freight exchange community
Step as follow
Is the provide subsidy to the fellow Freight Forwarder within certain booking volume (TEU).
Setting Up VIP Rate
Click "VIP for peer customer" to set up VIP rate for a customer.
Fill in the name of the Peer Customer and rate markup rules.
Following screenshot when the VIP Customer search for the VIP Rate
- Carrier Rates
Freight Forwarder is able to search for Carrier Spot Rates from CALISTA freight exchange.
See how Carrier publishes Spot rates in Price Management.
Finding and Adding Carrier Rates
Freight Forwarder is redirected to the CALISTA freight exchange marketplace.
Spot rates published by Carrier can be found here.
Freight Forwarder keys in Place of Loading and Place of Destination.
Freight Forwarder can see the spot rates published by the Carrier.
The Freight Forwarder will see the rates based on his tier level set by the Carrier.
Click "More rates".
Click "Add to rate pool".
Rates have been added.
Managing Carrier Rates
When Freight Forwarder navigates back to Carrier Rates, he can see the carrier rates which he added.
Freight Forwarder can proceed to manage the markup for sales and peers in CALISTA freight exchange.
Carrier rates are ready to be used.
- Agency Charges
This is where the Freight Forwarder manage their Agency Rate to sell to their Overseas Agent.
Freight Forwarder can setup the mark up for each Overseas Agent that they target at.
Pre-requisite : The Freight Forwarder need to add the Overseas Agent contact under Customer Management>Overseas Agent
Step to create Agency Charge as follow:
1) Click Agency Charges Menu
2) Click "+Add", and you will be redirected to Add Agency Charge Page.
3) Fill up the details. Click Save.
- Additional Charges
This is for the Freight Forwarder to maintain their Surcharge Fee.
1) Click Additional Charges, Click Add.
2) Select the products that you would like this Surcharge to be applied by Clicking "Add" under the lower panel.
Under Specified trunk product, click Add.
Click Choose after selecting the products.
Product chosen can be seen below.
Under Specified full-route product, click Add.
Click Choose after selecting the products.
Chosen products can be seen below.
3) Make sure required basic information is filled before clicking Save.
Charge added successfully.
- Region Management
It is to manage the region grouping for eCommerce Logistics Module.
Fill in required information.
To edit the details, click "Modify".
Edit the details.